132 Fully Illustrated Pages showing step-by-step how to do the work and what tools and materials to use.
All in compliance with
Energy Star Directive 6
and NFRC FenStar Program
NEWLY UPDATED AND REVISED FOR 2020: 5 NEW SECTIONS. 10 SECTIONS EXPANDED CHAPTERS FOR COASTAL APPLICATIONS, TOO!.
THE COMPLETE WINDOW FITTERS ILLUSTRATED GUIDE TO THE INSTALLATION OF VINYL WINDOWS - $26.95 with FREE
Shipping and Handling
New Updated Version for Contractors: a complete book showing how to install Vinyl Windows in every type of construction; using information is accepted by EnergyStar, EPA and NFRC available nowhere else.
There are more than 132 8-1/2 x 11 pages and over 800 drawings, illustrations and photos that show step-by-step how to:
- Window Styles and Design Choices
- Tools and Hardware and Supplies
- Shimming, Fastening, Caulking
- Proper Caulking
- 5 Critical Weather Barriers
- Capping, Flashing, Vapor Barriers
- Accurate Measurement
- Measuring Variances; Frame Depths
- Other Important Measurements
- Proper Sealant/Spray Foam Insulation
- Box Frame Installation (Pocket Install)
- Frame-In versus Frame-Out
- Wood Frame-Out Sequence
- Metal Frame-Out Sequence
- Nailing Fin Frame-Out
- Replacement of Old Finned Windows
- Outside-In Installation
- Replacing Old PVC Pocket Windows
- Installing Casement, Awning Windows
- Installing Box Frame Sliding Windows
- Installing Bay, Bow, Garden Windows
- Replacing Steel Windows
- Installing Windows in Masonry Openings
- Combining Two or More Windows
- Structural Mulls
- Replacing Combination Windows
- Kerfed Installation of Finned Windows
- F-Channel Installation
- Slow Expansion Foam Sealant Tape
- Installing Curved and Angled Windows
- Vinyl Windows in New Construction
- Integral J-Channel Install
- Finned Window in Wood Frame Stucco
- Entry and Patio Door Installation
- Installing Replacement Doors
- Replacing a Window with a Door
- Coastal CMU Installation with Buck
- Replacing Windows in Block w/Stucco
- Lead Safe Window Replacement
- Disposing of Old Windows
Also there's a full chapter showing step-by-step the proper way to measure an opening, and how to check for square; and a full chapter showing how to operateand maintain double-hung, slider, and casement/awning windows.
You'll find illustrations and explanations of Outside-in versus Inside-out installations and when to use them; and a formula for determining how out-of-square an opening needs to be before you use a smaller window.
This guide is complete and much of the information is used as a training book for AWDI Certification. The book is written in simple language and the photos and drawings illustrate each step.
All instructions are based on the national AWDI Guidelines, and have been reviewed and approved by installers and window manufacturers coast to coast.
How to Get Your Book:
Fill out the form below and we will mail this full size (8-1/2 x 11); 100 page, fully illustrated book to you. It is just $26.95 with FREE shipping and handling.