146 Fully Illustrated Pages showing step-by-step how to do the work and what tools and materials to use.
All in compliance with
Energy Star Directive 6
and NFRC IVP Program
NEWLY UPDATED AND REVISED FOR 2017: 5 NEW SECTIONS. 10 SECTIONS EXPANDED CHAPTERS FOR COASTAL APPLICATIONS, TOO!.
THE COMPLETE ILLUSTRATED GUIDE TO THE INSTALLATION OF VINYL WINDOWS - $42.95
Shipping and Handling
Available for the first time: a complete book showing how to install Vinyl Windows in every type of construction. This information is accepted by EnergyStar, EPA and NFRC and is available nowhere else.
There are more than 145 8-1/2 x 11 pages and over 800 drawings, illustrations and photos that show step-by-step how to:
- Window Styles and Design Choices
- Tools and Hardware and Supplies
- Shimming, Fastening, Caulking
- Proper Caulking
- 5 Critical Weather Barriers
- Capping, Flashing, Vapor Barriers
- Accurate Measurement
- Measuring Variances; Frame Depths
- Other Important Measurements
- Proper Sealant/Spray Foam Insulation
- Box Frame Installation (Pocket Install
- Frame-In versus Frame-Out>
- Wood Frame-Out Sequence
- Metal Frame-Out Sequenc
- Nailing Fin Frame-Out
- Replacement of Old Finned Windows >
- Outside-In Installation
- Replacing Old PVC Pocket Windows
- Installing Casement, Awning Windows
- Installing Box Frame Sliding Windows
- Installing Bay, Bow, Garden Windows
- Replacing Steel Windows
- Installing Windows in Masonry Openings
- Combining Two or More Windows
- Structural Mulls
- Replacing Combination Windows
- Installing with Jamb Clips
- Kerfed Installation of Finned Windows
- F-Channel Installation
- Slow Expansion Foam Sealant Tape
- Installing Curved and Angled Windows
- Vinyl Windows in New Construction
- Integral J-Channel Install
- Finned Window in Wood Frame Stucco
- Entry and Patio Door Installation
- Installing Replacement Doors
- Tilt Turn Windows, Doors Folding Doors
- Replacing a Window with a Door
- Coastal CMU Installation with Buck
- Replacing Windows in Block w/Stucco
- Insulating Frame Pockets
- Installing Sound Control Windows
- Lead Safe Window Replacement
- Disposing of Old Windows
- AWDI Standards and Practices 3.1
Also there's a full chapter showing step-by-step the proper way to measure an opening, and how to check for square; and a full chapter showing how to operateand maintain double-hung, slider, and casement/awning windows.
You'll find illustrations and explanations of Outside-in versus Inside-out installations and when to use them; and a formula for determining how out-of-square an opening needs to be before you use a smaller window.
This guide is complete and is used as a training book for AWDI Certification. The book is written in simple language and the photos and drawings illustrate each step.
All instructions are based on the national AWDI Guidelines, and have been reviewed and approved by installers and window manufacturers coast to coast.
How to Get Your Book:
Fill out the form below and we will mail this full size (8-1/2 x 11); 100 page, fully illustrated book to you. It is just $42.95 plus $5.60 shipping and handling.